Skip to main content

Wall Monogram

I've been wanting a monogram of some sort on my wall for awhile and I finally painted one last night!

I found an inspiration letter on the Internet to use for my model.


I sketched free-hand with a pencil until I got the letter the way I wanted it. I changed the flowers to leaves on my piece. After I was satisfied with the sketch I cut the letter in with acrylic paint and then filled in the rest.


I think it turned out pretty good for a hand drawn and hand painted project!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7.2.09 Pink/White Polka Dot Pillow

Made for Harriet C.

Wooden letters accent

As I redo the kitchen, I've been thinking about new accent pieces for above my kitchen cabinets. I was surfing the web for ideas and I saw this! E-A-T! I found a great assortment of unfinished letters at JoAnn so I chose a plain style. They were about $5 each. I spray painted them my accent color Colonial Red. I think this is a cute accent idea for the kitchen!

2.9.11 Kitchen Redo

This is not my kitchen but the cabinets are almost the exact same color as the ones in my kitchen. Time for a makeover! I did not want to take apart and sand my cabinets (lazy, right?) so I chose to use this Zissner cover stain. It is amazing stuff! You can find it at Lowe's. It covers and creates a surface that will be ready for your paint! http://www.lowes.com/pd_192480-90-3501_0 __    Here is my kitchen with a base coat in process. I decided to do two coats just to be sure my surface was prepared.    After one evening of drying time, I started painting my cabinets. I decided to go with Valspar paint from Lowe's. I chose Kettle Black .             After two coats of Kettle Black, I covered my cabinets with a coat of Valspar clear coat . This gave my cabinets another layer of protection.   Here are my finished cabinets! I am very pleased with the final product!...