Skip to main content

2.9.11 Kitchen Redo

This is not my kitchen but the cabinets are almost the exact same color as the ones in my kitchen. Time for a makeover! I did not want to take apart and sand my cabinets (lazy, right?) so I chose to use this Zissner cover stain. It is amazing stuff!
You can find it at Lowe's. It covers and creates a surface that will be ready for your paint!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_192480-90-3501_0__


 
 Here is my kitchen with a base coat in process.
I decided to do two coats just to be sure my surface was prepared.
 

 After one evening of drying time, I started painting my cabinets. I decided to go with Valspar paint from Lowe's. I chose Kettle Black.
 

 
 

 
 

 
After two coats of Kettle Black, I covered my cabinets with a coat of Valspar clear coat.
This gave my cabinets another layer of protection.


 Here are my finished cabinets! I am very pleased with the final product!

 
 
 






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Office Makeover Paint 6.9.22

 New job, new (to me) office! I was recently promoted to an administrator at a middle school. The office I will be in is spacious and has its own bathroom! It’s a great space but needs a makeover! This will be the first of several blog entries detailing the updates! Before The new paint color is Aria from PPG. I was lucky that a paint crew was hired to paint my office and bathroom! After

Bathroom Remodel 12.2015

School staff restroom remodel: Before, dark brown paint. After: grey/blue paint and beach accessories.