Skip to main content

Conference Table Repaint 6.10.22

 My office had dated, heavy, cherry office furniture. I wanted a more modern, relaxed styled office. The conference table has a great basic style so I decided to paint it to match.

Before

I used Zinsser cover stain to prep the wood surface. I love this cover stain because it doesn’t require any sanding! It’s an oil based primer and works fabulously! I used 2 coats using a trim roller on the large parts and a brush for the nooks and crannies. I applied 2 coats for full coverage.  I’ve used this process on my kitchen cabinets and they still look great with no chips. Read that blog entry here: http://beulahbags.blogspot.com/2012/04/2911-kitchen-redo.html?m=1

Next I applied 2 coats of Kettle Black with a roller and brush. I waited a few hours in between coats for ample dry time.

Finally, I applied 2 clear coats to seal and protect the paint from wear.

After:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7.2.09 Pink/White Polka Dot Pillow

Made for Harriet C.

Wooden letters accent

As I redo the kitchen, I've been thinking about new accent pieces for above my kitchen cabinets. I was surfing the web for ideas and I saw this! E-A-T! I found a great assortment of unfinished letters at JoAnn so I chose a plain style. They were about $5 each. I spray painted them my accent color Colonial Red. I think this is a cute accent idea for the kitchen!

2.9.11 Kitchen Redo

This is not my kitchen but the cabinets are almost the exact same color as the ones in my kitchen. Time for a makeover! I did not want to take apart and sand my cabinets (lazy, right?) so I chose to use this Zissner cover stain. It is amazing stuff! You can find it at Lowe's. It covers and creates a surface that will be ready for your paint! http://www.lowes.com/pd_192480-90-3501_0 __    Here is my kitchen with a base coat in process. I decided to do two coats just to be sure my surface was prepared.    After one evening of drying time, I started painting my cabinets. I decided to go with Valspar paint from Lowe's. I chose Kettle Black .             After two coats of Kettle Black, I covered my cabinets with a coat of Valspar clear coat . This gave my cabinets another layer of protection.   Here are my finished cabinets! I am very pleased with the final product!...